Getting ready to organize your home? 2017 is all about organization and Chester Heights Self Storage has the tricks to coordinate every room. Use the room-by-room steps below to keep your house in tip top shape.
- Make it a habit to take your shoes off in the bedroom or by the door and take them right to the closet. Don’t let shoes and coats lay around.
- Keeping the top of your coffee table clutter free helps make the room look more organized.
- Place a waste can at the entrance for easy finding. If you know food will be thrown away in this trash can find one with a lid to lock in all unwanted smells.
- A coat rack, key bin, and mail organizer will keep clutter to a minimum as soon as you walk in the door.
- A towel rack behind the door is a great way to keep towels hidden and allow them to dry without unwanted smells.
- Go through your medicine cabinet every month and discard any expired medicines.
- Keep products to a minimum under the sink. Clear bins will help keep items off the counter and visible for when you need them.
- Pick an organization plan to follow when hanging your clothes. Color coded, style or by occasion, whichever system you choose stick to it.
- Add storage under the bed for out of season clothes. Add wheels to the bottom of the drawers to create an easy access storage area.
- If your dresser drawers are a problem area, focus on drawer organizers. Make sure to measure your space before purchasing an organizer.
Garage / Mudroom:
- Designate a spot in your garage as a mudroom. Adding shelves, a bench and shoe shelf by the door to the house, makes an instant mudroom and keeps dirt out of the house.
- Adding industrial hooks to the ceiling will help keep the seasonal items, such as bikes and canoes, out of the way.
- Magnetic strips near your tools will help keep the screw drivers and metal tools off the work bench and easily located.
- Customize your space with track system shelves.
When you’re getting ready to organize your home don’t forget your storage professionals at Chester Heights Self Storage. We have solutions to every problem.