Winterizing your car? Find answers here for car storage Glen Mills PA! Chester Heights Self Storage features tips on how to best store your car this coming winter. Our storage units provide ample amount of space for those storing household belongings and business items. When you need car storage use the following tips to protect your car from harsh weather conditions.
Car storage tips
- Critters look for warm places, do not let your car be one of them. Make sure all windows and doors are closed.
- Putting your car on jacks can help prevent flat spots from forming while in long term storage.
- Add gas stabilizer to your gas to keep dirt from clogging you lines. The ethanol in gas is a major factor in clogged gas lines.
- Take wiper blades off as well as the battery our from under the hood. These pieces tend to not fair well in winter weather.
- Put your battery on a tender to keep a positive charge while the car is in storage.
- Once the car is cleaned, inside and out, put a cover that is breathable and also heavy duty over top.
With these car storage tips you are ready for winter. Chester Heights Self Storage has large and small storage units to help you store your belongings. Even though our facility does not have outdoor parking spaces for RV storage or car parking, we can guide you in the right direction. Our storage units in Glen Mills PA provide a solution for extra space during a move or while you organize.
Did you know you can also rent your space online? We aim to make your next storage rental as easy as possible, and online storage rentals is one way we achieve that. When your time is precious but you need storage, choose your storage unit online.